Triathletes spend much of their time in between triathlons training for the next one with a coach, like a triathlon trainer. This comes in the form of gym workouts, outdoor routines, stretching, zeroing in on nutrition, and making sure they have the right gear. One thing that any triathlete should add to their training routine, however, is chiropractic care. Why is this important? Triathletes are usually in the best shape of their lives. Don’t they only need to see a doctor when they have injured themselves? The answer is simply no! A chiropractic doctor can be a great addition to your training program before and after your big race. Not only can a chiropractor help you recover after a strenuous triathlon, but they can also help prepare your body for the oncoming race and even help you prevent future injuries. This means completing harder workouts and challenging yourself even more at your next race.
The Top Benefits For Triathletes
There are several benefits when it comes to chiropractic visits for triathletes.
- It Can Treat Injuries. Probably one of the most obvious benefits is that it can indeed treat many injuries you may sustain during a triathlon or during your triathlon training. A chiropractor can help enhance your blood circulation which stimulates healing to injured areas, and they can also apply certain techniques to relax sore and stiff muscles. Specialized spinal manipulation can even help heal leg and ankle pain, back pain, and headaches.
- It Offers a Non-Invasive Treatment. Many triathletes will avoid invasive treatments (like surgery) and opt for a drug-free treatment if that is an option. With chiropractic care, you can typically go from your treatment back to your life quickly, unlike with a surgery. Additionally, most triathletes do not want to use medications or drugs for their pain, and chiropractic care can be a great alternative.
- It Can Prevent Your Injuries From Happening. While chiropractic care can help relieve your pain after injuries, certain treatments can also help prevent injuries. Your chiropractor can teach you at-home stretches, massages, and techniques to keep your muscle loose, help with nerve pain, and ease soreness that can prevent further injury and help get you back on track much quicker.
- It Can Increase Your Strength. A triathlete must be strong. Their bodies go through rigorous daily training to prepare them for swimming, biking, and running many miles. To do this, they must be limber, flexible, and strong. Chiropractic care can help promote your balance and strength with spine realignment, electro-stimulation, and massages.
- It Can Give You a Larger Range of Motion. Stiff joints and muscles mean a less flexible triathlete. When this is the case, their stroke is not as broad and their running may get off. When this happens, their overall performance decreases. However, chiropractic care can undo the stiffness and promote more mobility.
If you are still unsure of how chiropractic care can help with your triathlon performance and training, do not hesitate to reach out to a chiropractor today.